Advert

SPIRIT MEAT JULY 20TH 2020 - THE DEVIL CAN HANDLE THE NATURAL - PHILIPPIANS 3:5-8

A man can be easily deceived by his achievements in life such that he thinks he doesn’t need God. The danger of that is that the devil can handle the natural. It doesn't matter who you are, the devil can handle whatever you are in the physical but he can't handle the Holy Ghost. It doesn't matter what you have become, once it is something that you have become naturally, the devil can handle it and he doesn't want you to ever leave that zone where he can handle you.

To build a walk with the Holy Spirit, you have to first lay down different things in the physical that you have built your confidence upon. Those are the things that give you a sense of satisfaction without Him; those things that have the tendency to give you a sense of arrogance and confidence in what you know or have become.

When I was in secondary school, I never prayed to pass examinations. It's only recently that I found out that people needed prayers to pass examinations. When I was writing my examinations, I never fasted and prayed. Sometimes, I even tested myself to know how little I could read to pass because I knew I was naturally capable, but I understand better now. I don't see anything wrong in praying for people. I understand why people need prayer, not just to pass, but for God to guide and lead them.

If all you have confidence in is what you have become in the flesh, the devil will corner you somewhere and you don’t want to find yourself there.

 

PRAYER: I receive grace to build my walk with the Holy Spirit and not build my confidence in the flesh. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 2 Chronicles 1:1-3:17, Romans 6:1-23, Psalm 16:1-11, Proverbs 19:20-21

 

SPIRIT MEAT is a daily devotional guide by Rev. and Rev. (Mrs) Olusola Areogun of Life Oasis International Church.

Post a Comment

0 Comments