Advert

I AM EMPTY

I've seen God move a couple of times while ministering to the Youths in my local assembly. But there's this particular one that thought me a great lesson. I was just recovering from an illness that really affected my prayer life...

But that night while in a brothers car with some youths heading for a youth evangelists vigil.. I was confessing to them that I was really empty. I told them that my aim of going to that vigil was to get revived and not to lead in any prayer session... because I was among the leaders.

But unfortunately, my state coordinator came and told me that after the praise and worship session I should take over... I was really empty and the request was sudden. But being my leader, I was finding it hard to say no, I obeyed him and took over the podium and instead of prayers the only thing that came out of my lips were worship songs;  "fill my cup Lord... I lift it up... come and quench the thirsty of my Soul..."

As I was busy rendering worship to God, the power of God came down mightily... I've seen youths fall under the anointing a couple of times while ministering, but this particular night was so intense... It was beyond control. The power was so intense to the level that my leader had to stop the brother that was supposed to take over from me so that he won't stop what God was doing.

Now, this actually thought me a lesson... I've now noticed by experience that whenever we come before God and admit that we're EMPTY and needs His help... He'll come to our aid.

“Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven”. Matthew  5:3

Sometimes the reason why God is finding it hard to fill us is because we've not yet emptied ourselves from our Pride.

Friends!!!

God can only fill empty Vessels...

“And it came to pass, when the vessels were full, that she said unto her son, Bring me yet a vessel. And he said unto her, There is not a vessel more. And the oil stayed”. 2 Kings  4:6 

Do you need more of Him?

Please empty yourself of yesterday's achievements... Come to Him empty... come as one who needs help. Why not pray and say; "Lord, I'm empty... Fill me up till I overflow..."

 

PASTOR CHUKWU WINNER

https://linktr.ee/PASTORCHUKWUWINNER

Post a Comment

1 Comments